The inspiration

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Prawns in Chilli and Coconut Sauce

Prawns in Chilli and Coconut Sauce

I love to cook from scratch but also love to try new foods that come onto the market, and lets face it, it's always nice to have a quick meal up your sleeve.

I came across these sauces at the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate last weekend.  There's a recipe on the back of the pack but if you go to their website there is a whole raft of recipes to try.

For this I used:

1 tsp oil
2 small onions, cut into wedges
1 red and 1 green pepper cut into strips
About 250g raw prawns ( I was finishing a pack off from the freezer)
The pack of sauce.

I fried the onions and peppers in the oil until they softened.  Removed them from the pan.  Added the prawns and cooked gently until they were pink.....just a couple of minutes.

Added the vegetables back to the pan and stirred the sauce through.  Once it was heated through I served it over some mixed wild and white rice.

This was absolutely delicious and I am looking forward to trying the other sauces in the range which I also bought.

Note
This would have been lovely done fajita style in a wrap. 





No comments:

Post a Comment