The inspiration

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Cajun chicken and chorizo pasta

Cajun chicken and chorizo pasta

This is a "make it up as you go along" recipe.  I was using up ingredients I had in the fridge.

For 4 people

3-4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
cajun seasoning
50g -100g chorizo, diced
2-3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely
peppers, sliced
fine green beans, blanched 
150 ml chicken stock
2-3 tbsp quark cheese
pasta of your choice

So, I fried the chicken and chorizo together with 1 tbsp cajun spice mix (use more or less to suit your taste) in a non-stick pan (I used a wok). I didn't add oil as there was enough in the chorizo. 

After about 5 minutes, I added the sun-dried tomatoes, peppers and blanched beans and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Let the stock evaporate until almost gone.  Meanwhile cook your pasta according to the pack instructions. 

Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the quark.  Turn off the heat and stir until the quark is well combined.

Serve


No comments:

Post a Comment