The inspiration

Tuesday 2 July 2013

A sort of a Chicken Tagine

So this is a sort of Chicken Tagine type of dish.

I've gently fried some chopped onion in a non-stick pan for about 5 minutes, added some chopped garlic and chopped chilli, and cooked for 1-2 minutes. Then added some chunks of skinless chicken thighs and browned them off.  I added about 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground cumin and 1/2 tsp ground allspice and cooked for 2-3 minutes.

Next I added chunks of butternut squash and cooked for 5 minutes before adding a tin of chopped tomatoes and about 400 mls water.  I brought this to the boil and simmered gently, covered for about 20 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.  Then I squashed some of the squash :) which helped to thicken the sauce and added a chopped green pepper and a chopped courgette.  I covered and cooked for about 5-10 minutes to soften the pepper and courgette.




I served this with bulgar wheat, with chopped parsley and coriander through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment