The inspiration

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Cod with Black Bean Noodles

Some of my favourite ingredients:






For this dish, I cooked the skinned cod in a foil parcel with a splash of dry vermouth (use white wine or water if you don't have this), slices of lemon, slivers of fresh ginger, chopped garlic and chopped chilli.  This went in the oven at 180'C for about 15-20 minutes. (I think it was in a bit long to be honest as it was falling to bits when I served it :( )

For the noodles, well, I say noodles, but I discovered I had none when I looked in the cupboard, so I improvised by using pasta vermicelli.  I cooked them first then, cooled quickly in cold water.

I stir fried finely shredded green cabbage in about 1 tbsp oil for a couple of minutes until it was wilted and then added the "noodles" and some of my favourite black bean and garlic sauce and a little water, stirring until everything was heated through.  I sprinkled a little sesame oil on and then served the cod on top of the noodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment